Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Henigan is Right: Treat Guns Like Tobacco!

What a great and truly progressive idea! [Read]

I just got a box of maduros delivered by UPS. I didn't have to go through a background check or anything, and can buy as many as I want as often as I want--off the internet or over the phone, and from dealers in other states.  And while there are "No Smoking" zones, no one prohibits carrying them concealed wherever I go. And I can even have them while enjoying adult beverages!

The more I think about this, the better I like it.

3 comments:

Divemedic said...

Because I am sure that my comment will fall victim to "reasoned discourse" I am reposting it here:

The worst mass murders in United States history:

The World Trade Center Attacks: 2,996 killed by men wielding box cutters in 2001
Oklahoma City bombing: 168 killed, over 650 injured by a man with a bomb made from fertilizer in 1995
The Happy Land Fire: 87 people killed by a man using a gasoline can and a match
The Bath School bombing: 45 killed (38 of them children) and 58 injured by a man with a bomb in 1927

Killers using guns didn't even make the top four...

You want to treat guns like tobacco?
No background check for tobacco
I can order tobacco by mail
I can order tobacco in as large a container as I want
I can buy tobacco as often as I want
Criminals can legally buy and own tobacco
I can carry my tobacco concealed wherever I want
I can use tobacco while intoxicated

I bet that isn't what you mean, which makes you a liar.

Anonymous said...

Only problem is they are trying to tax tobacco out of existence. Won't work of course, but I'd rather not pay a more taxes on firearms or ammo.

Unknown said...

"You want to treat guns like tobacco?
No background check for tobacco
I can order tobacco by mail
I can order tobacco in as large a container as I want
I can buy tobacco as often as I want
Criminals can legally buy and own tobacco
I can carry my tobacco concealed wherever I want
I can use tobacco while intoxicated"

You know what? Why not. Because you can do all of those with firearms if you break the law (or obvious safety rules).