Tuesday, April 02, 2013

When Waiting Isn't Good Enough

Illegal gun carrying should be treated the same way. The risky behavior itself should be punished; waiting until something terrible happens isn't good enough. [More]
Actually, I started doing it in Southern California under the advice of an investigating cop following a credible threat where he and his partner admitted to me they could do nothing until it was acted on, and who knew, my being an unconnected "nobody," that I couldn't get a permit if my life depended on it.

I'm sure these hive insects gungrabber idiotorial writers, who don't come right out and say it, but really want to make all carry "illegal," would rather I'd been defenseless. And their brothers in infringement, the "enforce existing gun laws" crowd who think such civil disobedience (that is, obedience to a higher Law) "makes us all look bad" would say I should have waited for them to get their political act together and get popular consensus to change the law.  But then, I'd have never had my "illegal" DGU, where I protected myself, my wife and my then-toddler son from multiple aggressors, peaceably, it turned out, since I did not need to fire a shot once presentation was made and our new found acquaintances decided they'd rather not get to know me any better.

I didn't wait for something terrible to happen -- I prevented it. And I resented like hell that the government that fraudulently bills its entire raison d'ĂȘtre on securing life, liberty and property, would --and could-- force such a terrible choice on me.

Under the circumstances, I couldn't very well file a police report either, so the fine young gentlemen were free to move on that night to either easier pickings or a revival meeting, whichever you think more likely. 

[Via Michael G]

1 comment:

Operator61 ®™ said...

The only permission you need is that given by our Creator at birth, the right to defend yourself and your family. And again reinforced by our founders over 200 years ago when they restricted the government from infringing on our God given right to bear arms in self defense or to prevent our enslavement by a tyrannical government.