Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ammo Import Question

I received the following email request and confess I'm at a loss in terms for directing my correspondent where to look:
I am doing a research project about the current administration's policies regarding the importation of ammunition during the current shortage. 

As I understand it while there is a potential supply of ammunition from foreign manufacturers. However, the government has blocked (or severely reduced) the importation of ammunition from overseas. Some vendors may even have large amounts of goods (ammunition) siting in bonded warehouses being blocked from importation. The millions of dollars in high demand merchandise could be helping boost the economy and refill the depleted coffers of the government (state and federal) via taxes generated by sales.

However, I am having difficulty finding supporting documentation outside the classroom. Could you help me confirm this? Further how could I find the public records of the those shipments in customs warehouses?

If anyone has any relevant knowledge abut this, please educate us all in "Comments."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There was an article published earlier this year about this, see link below.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/executive-action-obama-to-ban-importation-of-ammo-magazines-and-gun-accessories-without-congressional-approval_04232013