Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Montana School Superintendent Denise Juneau Says This Proposal is Both Risky and Unnecessary

Really?  She knows for a fact "Gun Free Zones" keep schools safer than the alternative? [More]

Maybe she has some basis in fact to bear that out? Maybe she has some qualifications to state that conclusion with such certainty, and presume to be the arbiter of acceptable risks for other human beings?

I ask because I really don't see any qualifications giving her any special kind of competency in this area -- aside from being a Democrat,  which I guess makes her smarter than mere gun owners. I also ask because I know you're not supposed to judge people based on appearances or anything, but I'd bet good money I could take her in a cage match, and I freely admit I'd need a gun if I hoped to have a prayer against a determined school shooter.

Perhaps she'd be willing to give a demonstration, to show what she'd be capable of doing if an armed attacker entered her fiefdom with murder on his mind? Or barring that, being the superintendent and all, to sign a special relationship contract assuming a duty to protect with attendant liability should she fail?

[Via Jeffersonian]

1 comment:

Tom Bantle said...

Apparently you don't believe in the First Amendment as much as you do your warped view of the Second. Comment moderation is remarkably similar to background checks and reasonable gun regulation.