Thursday, October 08, 2015

Attacks on Ben Carson Show Sick Gun-grabber Preference for Death

It’s pretty revealing – not only do these sanctimonious … things not want their countrymen to have the capability of armed defense, they ridicule the concept and the faith of anyone who would presume simply to fight back with whatever means are at hand. That all goes back to their beloved “monopoly of force,” that is, a “monopoly of violence.” And CSGV knows who advocated that, because Executive Director Josh Horwitz wrote a HuffPo piece trying to justify it, citing the philosophical progenitor of the concept, German sociologist and political economist Max Weber. What he didn’t share was that his ideological hero Weber supported approving Article 48 into the Weimar constitution, establishing “emergency powers” to bypass Reichstag consent, and allowing Adolf Hitler’s rise to unchallenged power. [More]
The stupid outraged Prozis are having a foot-stamping hissy fit over the exact same advice DHS gives for the last resort.

3 comments:

Mack said...

David, did you know about this before posting?

Carson: I faced a gunman

“I own firearms [but] I don’t carry them,” Carson said. “In circumstances like that, even if I were carrying a firearm, I wouldn’t use it.”

“Some people think that just because you have a firearm you’re going to be irrational and you’re going to be using it,” he added. “I don’t think that’s the case.”

“I wasn’t fearful for my life at all. I knew why he was there.”

David Codrea said...

No, but it has no real bearing on the issues of the AmmoLand piece anyway, which are really basic: Carson said he would do exactly what DHS advises, and the antis went nuts.

Paul Bonneau said...

I have to say I was amazed at how Salon writers treated this. Apparently, taking responsibility for yourself, or taking initiative, is equivalent to blaming the victims.

Wouldn't it be better to, you know, reduce the number of victims?

I can't even begin to understand this mindset, I'm sorry. And I'm someone who always attempts to put myself in the other guy's shoes, normally. This way of thinking is just repulsive.